- Singles and Pairs wins
Sponsored links Eaglemotors, Roaches ,Leekfrith Bygone Days, R Bestwick Scrap Merchant and G Mycock High Class Butchers
Try something different set the world to right at a Pub Discussion Group
Interested in 'Life long learning'? Get help from WEA and Raymond Williams Foundation
Site updated on 26 Sept 2016
League fixtures will be available at the open Doubles k.o. at Mill Street Club on Thursday 29th Sep.
All players to be registered by 8.15., all money raised on the night will go to the league funds. Cash prizes to the winners and runners up. Could you please bring a prize for the raffle. Don't forget it's your league, if we keep raising money, we will not have to put up the leagues fees.
The new season will start on Thursday 6th October.
So far we have 17 teams, so we will have two leagues.
Any new teams wanting to join , have untill Sat 17th Sept, the fee of £30 to be paid by that date.
To see list all winners and runners up for the 2016 season click
The photos below are of those present at the Presentaion Night
- Hollybush Div 1 Champions
- Dyers A Div 1 Runners up
- Wellington B Div 2 Champions
- Rock Inn B Div 2 Runners up
- Ball Haye Tavern A Team Doubles Winners
- Rock Inn A Team Doubles Runners up
- S Hine Singles KO Div 1 Winner
- A O'Shaughnessy Singles KO Div 2 Winner
- H Cartlidge Singles KO Div 2 Runner up
- A Pegg/M Folga Doubles KO Div 1 Winners
- J Hughes/G Messham Doubles KO Div 2 Winners
- H Cartledge/ R Barton(absent) Doubles KO Div 2 Runners up
- E Chandler Most single wins winner (14 out of 16) Div 1
- D Berresford, A Pickering, S White Most single wins runners up (11 out of 16) Div 1
- G Sherratt/ M Dickinson Most Doubles wins winners (12 out of 16) Div 1
- P Hine/M James S Hine/R Foster Most Doubles wins runners up (11 out of 16) Div 1
- J Waterhouse, K Grimwood, S sandle Most Doubles wins winners (8 out of 16) Div2
Hollybush are Champions!!!
with Dyer A runners up
Wellington B are champions of Div 2 with Rock 'B' runners up!!
The new rules have been posted on the rules page
The Leek and District Domino League was set up about thirty years ago by the present Chairman - (Mad) Melvin Goldstraw. Whilst Melvin may well have been mad to look after this organisation for so many years his nickname comes from his other long term hobby as a disc jockey.
All games are run on a Thursday night during the winter months starting at 8-30 pm. Each team is made up of at least 6 players and an evenings play consists of 3 games of doubles and 6 games of singles, so each player plays a doubles and a singles game. A point is awarded to each winner of a game and the team with the most points at the end of the evening is awarded an extra 2 points. The teams with the most points at the end of the season receive trophies. There are also individual trophies for those with the highest individual and pair scores.
The main aim of the league is to have a laugh with an element of honest competition.
If you would like to set up a team in your pub or club within a reasonable distance of Leek please contact Melvin on this link Contacts or on 01538 300314.